Welcome to the blog of a happy retired person. I have been blessed with two children and many friends. Hope this page helps you keep up with me as I explore the vast wonderful land of sleeping in late and wearing my PJ's all day long!

About Me

My photo
Roy, Utah, United States
Life has been a real adventure. I have two sons that keep me busy and four Chihuahuas that keep me smiling. Whoops, got that backwards!

Moving to Oregon

Moving to Oregon

Sunday, November 2, 2008

Trip to Washington DC

Last month I went to visit my friend Barbara who lives in Maryland, about 20 miles from Washington DC in a small town named Burtonsville. I knew that while I visited with her I could count on her help to see the war memorials up close and in person. I needed to do this to help me heal from my experiences while in the military during the VietNam conflict. Barbara said she would help me and support me with this challenge and she stood by her promise and we spent three days in DC. So I will be posting a different part of the trip beginning today and continuing as I put it together with my thoughts and emotions.

No comments: