Welcome to the blog of a happy retired person. I have been blessed with two children and many friends. Hope this page helps you keep up with me as I explore the vast wonderful land of sleeping in late and wearing my PJ's all day long!

About Me

My photo
Roy, Utah, United States
Life has been a real adventure. I have two sons that keep me busy and four Chihuahuas that keep me smiling. Whoops, got that backwards!

Moving to Oregon

Moving to Oregon

Sunday, November 2, 2008

The White House

We stayed at the Capitol Hilton while in DC. I got a really good price through a computer discount site. The hotel was really nice, we had a suite with the most comfortable bed that I have ever slept on, and we were three blocks from the front door of the White House! So on our first day we explored a little bit of the surrounding area, finding fast food and coffee shops, and took in the sites around the White House. The first thing that I found really spooky was the statue in the park in front of the White House. It was Stonewall Jackson. Now anyone else would say, OK, but my friend Sharon that I also breed dogs with is his great-great-grand daughter! This sent chills down my spine! I was amazed at the amount of security around the White House. There were police on top of buildings, all around us where we walked, standing guard with dogs, and stationed in a lot of different places all over the place. In fact, I began to think that the only people that were in DC were police, aides, minimum wage earners and homeless people! And the tourists kept getting in their way!!
Please enjoy the pictures that I took around the White House. It is a slide show and each picture is set for 10 seconds so you can get a good look and critique my photography skills!
Please click on the photo of the White House to enjoy the show and then back page to return to my blog.

No comments: